We are all responsible for protecting the environment and for minimising our impact on it.
At Dawson Design we strive to reduce our environmental impact as well as help our customers reduce theirs too. This is why we only use printers who are FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) accredited – this means that our customers can be certain that the papers and boards used to produce their printed matter can be traced back through the production chain to the sustainable source of the timber used in the wood pulp production. As well as sustainable paper sourcing we only use printers who use vegetable based printing inks.
We have also looked at all aspects of the design production process to identify where there are opportunities to reduce environmental impact:
These are just a few things that set us apart from our competitors:
- We have minimised the impact on the environment of vehicle use by adopting a green travel plan – now 100% of all staff now travel to work using public transport, car sharing or simply walking!
- As you can imagine, we go through a lot of paper so we operate a paper-free office as much as we can. We have strict policies on re-using scrap paper and all our paper waste is sent for recycling.
- All packaging material is recycled and re-used
- All our computer equipment is power managed and shut down when not in use.
We are also looking at, among other issues, the following areas:
- Reducing the amount of energy used within the business for power, heat and lighting
- Aiming to becoming Carbon Neutral by 2009.